Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday 5

Drumroll, please....

5. Lame: One of my favorite words is lame, pronounced "Laaaame." I told my student I had something really fun planned for us, and he said, "Mrs. Chambers, is it really fun? Or laaaame?" Touche, kid. Touche.

4. Book on CD: For all of you teachers out there, this may be old news, but I had my student make his own book on CD. His obsessed with listening to his recorded voice, and I have never seen anyone more motivated to read! iPhone-ers out there, there is even a voice-recorder app to make your life easier. Check it out:

3. Co-Teach: My buddy Jordan from Vanderbilt also works for my district, and today she got to come spend the afternoon with me and my students. It was so fun to have her there. We decided we would be much better teachers if we could always teach together.

2. College week: This week was college week at the elementary schools. I got to tell several groups of students about the college(s) I went to and my college experience(s). Don't worry, I spared all of the dirty details. Best part - I got to decorate my door:

The kids made banners. My favorites:




















1. Totally not work-related, but the #1 best thing of the week is that we found a house! We are (hopefully) signing a contract tomorrow!!

Stacey


No comments:

Post a Comment