Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Different View

This week, my Blind Student #1 had the opportunity to meet my Blind Student #2. I was super excited about the intro but had no idea I would have the chance to overhear one of the sweetest conversations ever. The conversation is extra touching considering their sweet young age and naivety. It went a little something like this:

BS1: I've been blind my whole life.

BS2: Oh, I have only been blind for a couple of years.

BS1: Oh wow. You are so lucky....before you got blind you got to take a look around!

Seriously? Is that not the sweetest/most touching/saddest/most beautiful comment ever? YOU GOT TO TAKE A LOOK AROUND? As if BS1 would give anything for just one look.

How many "looks" do I get to take everyday that I take for granted? It certainly made me take a moment to realize all of the "looks" that I have had the opportunity to take, and how grateful I am for each one.

Here are a few of my faves:


A beach sunset.












Tennessee fall foliage.









Portofino, Italy









My husband-to-be as I walked down the aisle.








My beautiful sister on her wedding day.
A special dance.












True love.








Take a moment today and "look around." We have so much to be thankful for!

Stacey

2 comments: