Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Knocked Up


Well, it's official!! I'm having a baby! Honestly, the words don't even seem real, even though I've been saying them now for almost 13 weeks. And little Vladi should arrive August 5th!

Thanks, Vladimir Guerrero, for getting a base hit for the Rangers during playoffs when I had had a few too many beers and promised to name my first child after you.... whoops.

I am sure the next 6 months will be interesting, as the only indicator that I am with child is the (extreme) emotional roller coaster I have been riding. Weee! I'm just giving anyone fair warning if you plan to:
a) watch TV with me, particularly any programming involving animals, babies, families, or current events
b) cross me
c) say something nice to me
or, dear Lord,
d) go to church with me

In all seriousness, I have been overcome with what a blessing this new journey is and truly feel so blessed and grateful for this gift. We'll have a new piece of work in our lives before we know it!

With that, I will leave you with a few of the funniest comments my elementary students shared with me when I told them the news:

-Wow! You are going to get a SERIOUSLY big belly.
-Your stomach is going to hurt REALLY bad for like 5 minutes before you have the baby.
-It's going to kick you right in the stomach!
-I'm not sure if I'm going to like your baby. I have to think about it.
-Will you still be my friend?

Stacey

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS, Stacey!!! I'm so happy for you guys! Keep pictures of your little blessing coming!
    So I guess no "beards" for you for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Baby Vlad!Can't wait to see you with the little baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're referring to the baby as Vlad! We called Owen "Exhibit A" since Tommy was in law school when I was pregnant. As you can guess, Carter and E were "Exhibits B and C"-can't wait to meet Baby Vlad! XO

    ReplyDelete