Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother-To-Be-Day

Yesterday was my first Mother's Day...or Mother-To-Be-Day. As I near the end of my 2nd trimester, this whole "Mother" thing is becoming much more of a reality! Sometimes it's the most amazing feeling in the world, and I don't think I can possibly wait another second to meet little Abigail. The next minute, I panic, wondering if I have what it takes to be a good mom.

Jared's favorite quote is, "God feeds the birds," meaning He promises to take care of us and will always provide. A few weeks ago at church, the preacher shared a sermon that brought to light how divine God is through the ways that mothers care for their young in nature. They know just what to do.

Yesterday morning bright and early, I took a walk around the ponds in our neighborhood. I saw this mother and her little family. It made me smile.

I know that I will have what it takes to be a good mom, and that God will provide me with moments of peace, patience, and comfort when I need them most. He has blessed me with MY amazing mother and Jared's mother as wonderful examples for me to follow.

My little girl and I shared many sweet kicks and somersaults yesterday, and I feel closer to her everyday!

Stacey

2 comments:

  1. Keep holding on to your faith and take things one step at a time. You will be a wonderful mother. I really like Jared's quote and I'm going to try to remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to the excitement vs. worry thing! Glad you got a Mother-to-be-Day :)

    ReplyDelete