Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pancake Party

Yesterday one of my students had a birthday, so I thought it would be fun to have a pancake party to celebrate! Also, TAKS started today, so we decided the pancakes would help offer some extra brain power like they do for his favorite book character, Nate the Great. Also, I pretty much just love pancakes.

I also love incorporating cooking into teaching...reading a recipe, following directions, measuring, etc. Also, blind students often benefit from the exposure to everyday things that just aren't so everyday in their world.

One major key component to the party--potholders. :) Blind kids + Hot Griddle = Pot Holders.


The funny part of the story that our air conditioning happened to be out yesterday, so once the griddle got hot, my portable room became almost unbearable. Of course, I knew the pancakes would be worth it, but I did complain a bit about how hot it was getting. I AM pregnant, you know.

To this, my wise little pancake man says, "Mrs. Chambers...if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!" Touche, kid!

So here's to pancakes, parties, and hoping that we can all survive the heat of this crazy TAKS testing week and all that the rest of the school year has to bring!!

Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment