Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Bump Here or There

Today one of my preschool students clunked his head on the playground and wound up with a giant goose-egg on his head. I wasn't there to see it happen, but he was sure to tell me all about it. He told me that he didn't cry any tears, but he was crying a lot on the inside.

This week has been a little bumpy for all of us. Questionable blood work (Abby's fine), an ill grandparent, throw in a little family drama...well, life happens, right? We know the bumps will come.

Maybe it's just the pregnancy hormones talking, but I tend to think that crying on the inside is overrated. It's okay cry a little cry and let someone know how you're feeling. Then our friends can do their best to bend down and kiss it all better. And sometimes we just need to let the alligator tears roll when no one is looking. That can be awfully therapeutic.

I know I have friends making difficult choices and family members who might need a shoulder. I promise you can cry with me...I won't tease you on the playground.

Stacey





No comments:

Post a Comment