Monday, July 18, 2011

Restless

It's a little ironic that my last post is entitled "Time Flies" because this post is about precisely the opposite. At my 36 week appointment, my doctor told me that Abby could be here any day. My body was already making progress toward labor and Abby seemed ready to make her debut.

That was 2 weeks ago. And now the only word to describe me right now is....restless.

Had I not known there was a good chance of an early delivery, I believe I would be contently minding my own business and enjoying all the down time of my summer until Abby's due date. Instead, I have found myself incapable of thinking of anything else, heart racing at every contraction, and for some reason really down in the dumps that I cannot hold this baby girl of mine yet. All while bearing the heat of the "second hottest summer in Texas history." Good grief!

So, I continue to pray for patience and trust in God's timing and that He grant me a joyful heart while I wait. I try to focus on enjoying every quiet second ...especially those with my sweet Jared.

I've also enjoyed some spontaneous fun with the girls.



I've become am obsessed with The Hunger Games - currently finishing up book 2. I never thought I'd like this kind of book, but they are truly addicting!


And I cannot tear myself away from everything Bravo. Millionare Matchmaker, Pregnant in Heels, Flipping Out....you name it.


Hangin in there,
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment